Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mom...I'm hungry again!

For the last 2 months, I have been patting myself on the back because of how well Ashtyn sleeps. She goes down around 8 or 8:30 at night and will sleep in until almost 8 in the morning. The patting has stopped. Ashtyn has hit her growth spurt and cannot seem to get enough to eat. I have tried feeding her 6 or more ounces before bed, but she usually falls asleep around ounce 3 or 4. Come 4AM my baby is crying for more food. This has also led to a new problem...her sleeping in bed with me! For my birthday this year, my parents gave me the family rocking chair. (Sorry siblings...but I asked for it first!) I have this in Ashtyn's room for occasions when she wakes up in the middle of the night and just wants to be held or fed. Lately, I am just too tired to sit up in the rocking chair to feed her. I have started slipping her into bed next to me and letting the pillow hold up the bottle and thus do the feeding. Once I hear her suck the bottle dry, she passes back out and usually stays in bed with me the last 2 hours before I have to get up and start getting ready for work. She is not yet 4 months and the Dr has said not to put her on cereal until she is 6 months. But he isn't the one getting up at 4AM to feed her! So now I am wondering...should I put a little cereal in her bedtime bottle?

No comments:

Post a Comment